Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Every woman I know who has a job and is a parent has to deal every day with making enough time for both. I never really am able to do it. I just keep stealing from one part of my life to give to the other. (I figure by the time my daughter is in college, I'll be caught up.) Balancing it all is definitely one of the biggest sources of stress in my life, and one way I deal with stress is to write about it. Here's my song of Balancing Work and Motherhood. I'd love to know if you find something of yourself in my experiences.

Keep Reading: Balancing Work And Motherhood
A Message To My Daughter Before I Go
WATCH: Dad Protests Teen's Punishment
5 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Gave Birth
PHOTOS: Awesome Maternity Costumes
WATCH: Adorable Babies Laughing At Adorable Dogs
BLOG POSTS
Lisa Belkin: What I Learned From Jessica Stilwell, The Striking Mom (VIDEO)
Her strike made for a great story, and some fun television, but "Mom Teaches Kids A Lesson", is not really the right take-away here. More like "Mom Learns A Lesson About How To Teach Kids", and it involves raising expectations and getting out of the way.
Sarah Albertson-Corkery: The Little C
I did it for a lot of good reasons, but most of all for Lucy. This affects her now too. My surgery is Oct. 10. It's one day before she turns 6. Hopefully, I'll be coming home that day. She said it's okay because I'll probably be bringing her a present, "as long as it's light" she added.
Dan Treadway: NBC Is Stuck in a Century in Which Guys Taking Care of Kids Is a Hilarious Concept
The underlying message dictating that there's something bizarre about a man capably and willingly taking care of his child is at best a dumb commentary and at worst a harmful one.
Heather Wood Rudúlph: The Problem With Making 'Mommy Friends'
Making friends with other parents is hard and awkward for so many reasons.
Susan Stiffelman: I Found Condoms in My Son's Room!
I found condoms in my 15-year-old son's room. Should I say something? I don't think I can pretend I didn't find them and I also think he's too young to be having sex!

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment